Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Veggies Please

I am super excited about no work tomorrow! J will be gone to testing, so please be praying and thinking of him! He is excited, but I am just nervous. As long as he isn't, I will be nervous for the both of us.

He's asleep right now and I hope I am not keeping him awake!

What am I to do on a day with no J? Mope around, that's for sure! But I have things to do to keep myself busy. I am already thinking of what I'll have for breakfast and lunch. This morning after my last final, I went home and made myself a homemade egg, cheese, Canadian bacon muffin. I felt a little bad, because, let's face it, that wasn't the most nutritious thing in the world to eat. And obviously, my stomach agreed. Oatmeal for sure tomorrow. And for lunch, I have to promise myself to eat more than just gluten-free Rice Chex. I saw them on J's sister's blog and I think of her every time I have some!

I'm thinking for tomorrow having some type of salad or pita with lots of veggies and beans! I know everyone knows of my love affair with black beans! Can't get enough! And I am thankful they are stockpiled in the house, as are chickpeas and pinto beans.

Speaking of beans, J made an awesome salsa with black beans and corn.

Must be super hungry to be talking this much about food!

Tomorrow starts my summer break, even if I am taking summer courses. Just thankful to be out of a classroom for awhile. Not like I was in one for that long anyway! I did sit out a semester, I must remember!

3 comments:

  1. wow. you are super duper healthy.

    like, can you post recipes of what you eat?! i wish i ate healthy.. sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Shannon! I really try to be healthy, but I fudge sometimes. Like tonite we went to a ball game and I had a hot dog, nachos, funnel cake, and Dr. Pepper. And fries.

    Ouch.

    But mostly, I try not to eat too much meat. I am a real steak girl, but I see how much better I feel after eating forest food instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!! that's a TON! LOL. Today I had a #10 from McD's, a meal from Pepper's, and ice cream cake from baskin robbins. oops.

    ReplyDelete