Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Money and other GrownUp Things

Summer is soo good, even if I have school work. And work is going alright, even though I am living for the days I have off. Though, I don't know if I would like it so much if I had a regular 'part-time job' because then I wouldn't be getting paid squat. So I should be lucky that I have a steady inflow of money and am finally getting more responsibilities in regards to paying for things. I'm helping pay for school and I paid half for summer school. So I better do well, right?

Call me weird, but I am also excited for August because then I get my own cell phone plan and I get to pay for it all by myself! I am getting a new phone because my old one is getting janky. My BlackJack is still in pretty mint condition but I am starting to receive messages that files on the phone are corrupted. Um...yikes? What the hecky does that mean? If it weren't for that, I would just keep the phone. But since it's not working out that way, I am trying to research which phone I want to buy in August. Either a Blackberry Curve or a Bold. I can't decide which. I want a good phone because since I'm the one paying, it's going to have to last me forever.

So which one would you choose?

And it's not about price for me. A good phone is priceless and yes, I am showing my age and generation by saying that.

Maybe you are still staring at the screen in shock because I actually want to pay for things. Besides for never having had a job and was relying on Mom and Dad for money, I was very independent at PU. And to clarify, I would have much rather had a job than relying on parents for money. It would just be easier. But I didn't even live in the state half the time, so was I really going to go get a job? No.

When I dropped out of PU and worked at FL for a semester, I got hooked on $$$$$. Some of my best purchases ever were from things I bought myself, with my own money. Such as my Uggs (don't care what they say, c-o-m-f-i-e-s-t shoe ever.), Lenora Dame Menagerie necklace, and other Anthro clothes.

Now that I have a job that isn't just temporary, I am trying to save up money. I have a few things in mind that I will eventually save my money for, but I am mostly wanting money to pay for school and books and stuff like that. Because that's what's important...right Mom?

Or maybe I am just really want to be a boring adult. With responsibilities and junk. Like, if J and I were actually able to, I would welcome a house payment. Oh well. All in good time.

I know J is super ready to get out on his own and we are just praying for the day he gets hired at a department. Maybe he wouldn't want any more payments, considering all his student loans, but still, to have that first full-time job and be able to start our futures, well, we are more than ready. We obviously haven't been able to adhere to the timeline we thought we had under control when we thought it was going to be easy to get a job, but we are hanging in there. Things are just taking longer than expected.

As long as we have each other, it's alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment