Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Amid

 This post was first featured on the now defunct blog, M&J Hooray!


Amid the mess in our home and the chaos that is our lives, I'm glad we chose to slow dance at midnight.
Amid financial and personal struggles, I'm glad we still choose to be happy with what we have, or at least try to be.
Amid the bags of forgotten craft supplies, I'm glad you still applaud my DIY decorating efforts.
Amid our scarce collection of photographs, I'm glad we decide we'd rather experience life than hide behind a camera. We have our sweet memories which are better anyway.
Amid test papers and binders full of notes and stressful homework, I'm glad to be getting this degree not for me, but for us.
Amid all the rantings and ravings of parents of the world, I'm glad we know it really only takes two people who love each other to make a family. 'Us' is all we need for now.
Amid arguments, disagreements and spats, I'm glad all it takes is a silly face or gesture to get us laughing.
Amid heating pads, medicine bottles, and boxes of tissues; matted hair, unbrushed teeth, and runny noses, I'm glad we realize that yes, we really did agree to "in sickness and in health".
Amid everything else, I'm glad you will always be the constant factor in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment