Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, February 12, 2011

T-Shirt Skirt

This post was first featured on the now defunct blog, M&J Hooray!

I've decided I don't care to write out a full tutorial for this when I used someone else's easy peasy directions in the first place. I got this tutorial from Jessica at Craftiness Is Not Optional. She did the hard work, so I'll let her explain.

Yes, I realize this tutorial is actually for a toddler, but since I'm rocking my 4-year old haircut and my body seems to be reverting back to a time when I was young and had terrible intestinal problems, I think it's only appropriate that I make a skirt meant for a 2-year old. And besides for that, I think most children's clothes are a helluva lot cuter than adult clothes. As long as I can make it work without looking like a freak, it's all good.


I made both a pink and a navy skirt. I went to my local craft store and bought the shirt for $4.99 and elastic for $1.29. I already have a sewing machine and thread. And voila. Skirt for under $10.

No, I'm not really wearing that outfit in the above photo. I'm not that weird. But some of my family members said the ensemble was cute. Yeah. Whatever.

Anyways... the snow is finally melting and I'm ready to bust out these skirts with some flip-flops. Or at least some sparkly TOMS.

Lucas, however, enjoys the snow a lot more than we. I still can't get a good picture of him, barring I pin him to the floor. I did, however, get this photo:

I guess when Lucas is long gone, I can look back on the photos I've taken and at least remember what his profile looked like...

NOTE: If you are viewing this post in it's own page, you can scroll down to see some more of Jessica's tutorials in the LinkWithin box.

M

1 comment:

  1. awesome! glad you could use the tutorial-looks so comfy!

    JEss

    ReplyDelete