Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Friday, May 8, 2009

The God I know

Just wanted to give a shout out to my Aunt L and Uncle R! I see that you have viewed the blog and I am so happy! I love miss you both!


Okay, I got done reading the daily news. I love getting onto MSNBC and reading up on what's going on in the world. I was happily reading away when I found this article. Just read it. If you don't want to, I'll give a run-down. A 17 year old boy who attends a private Christian school has been suspended for attending his girlfriend's public high school prom tomorrow. The principal and school committee say that Tyler Frost signed a contract before attending the Fundamentalist Baptist school that forbids dancing, rock music, hand-holding and kissing. The school principal was quoted as saying: "In life, we constantly make decisions whether we are going to please self or please God. (Frost) chose one path, and the school committee chose the other."

Um...double-you-tee-eff?

I understand that he signed the contract. But at the same time, how does a signature of a minor hold up in a legal contract? And I could very well be wrong, but regardless of the contract, the rules should not extend to life outside of school. If a child wants to dance in their own home, or hold their girlfriend's hand as they take a walk, that should never be a problem.

If just irks me because it's Christians like the principal of Heritage Christian School and the committee there that give all of us a bad name. So many of these Fundamentalist Christians (such a those of Westboro Baptist Church) preach love but practice intolerance. There is no other way to put it. Some may argue that other religions and lifestyles are intolerant of Christians, but I don't believe that matters. The Jesus I know practiced real tolerance. God loves all. I refuse to believe that these Fundamentalists read the same Bible I do or worship the same God. The God they worship hates - hates gays, hates murderers, hates those who choose to follow other religions. The God I know loves us, even when we do not love Him back. They judge others. I know there is only one judge that matters, and He lives in Heaven.

I have always lived a life of quiet worship. Those who scream their religion and shove it down others' throats believe that by doing so, they are assured real estate in Heaven. That is not guaranteed, just as life is not guaranteed.

I truly hope that this boy has a wonderful time at the prom. Graduate, though obviously he won't be able to do so with the rest of his class, and get on with life. You will be an upstanding citizen, even if your ears will be filled with 'rebellious' rock, rap, and pop music at the prom. God will still love you, even if you slow dance with your girlfriend.

I understand that this boy and his parents chose to send him to this private school, and the school has every right to suspend him. I still disagree with their decision considering I do not agree with some things they practice.

Haha, speaking of prom, K's is tomorrow. I can't wait to see her all prettied-up in her dress. I'm sure everyone is very excited. I know I was when I was in high school. I loved prom. To death. Best times ever.

Got much to do tomorrow. J needs a haircut, Baby needs a bath, finals need to be studied for, and work has to be gone to. BUSY! And then it's Mother's Day and the nightmare at work is over with. Thank you Lord! Hopefully it won't be this busy once Father's Day rolls around. Then places like Sears Automotive can be inundated with people. There ya go, suckers.

NOTE: Oh, and no flaming on this post. It's just not nice, considering this is my blog and all. And besides, the Fundamentalists stated their views, so I am able to state mine. And you are able to state yours. Just do it on your own blog, 'cause if you're not nice, I'll delete ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment