Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hello Summer? Did I miss you?

First of all, I wanted to lift up a prayer request. One of my classmate's roommate passed away on Monday. I'm sure K is very heartbroken because she told me how close she and her roomie were. I'm also sure it comes as a shock, considering this girl was only 19 years old. I have been slightly affected because K was one of my project partners in Communications and one night she brought her roommate to a group meeting. Her roommate was really nice, and I enjoyed talking to her. I can't believe that just a week later, she is gone. Things like this are always wake people up a bit.

I took my accounting final this afternoon. That's all I'm going to say. I don't want to talk about it.

I have another final tomorrow and my last on Friday. I can't wait for this semester to be over with! I am getting excited to start fresh with my summer classes.

I went to Sis's Senior Awards ceremony this morning. It may sound weird, but it is very inspiring to see those kids that excel in school and that are receiving offers to schools wanting to give them a free ride. Wow. I can't imagine. It's uplifting to my spirits that these kids want to learn and want to make the best grades possible because they know it will benefit them in the end. Maybe they were made fun of earlier in high school for being 'nerds' but nobody is laughing now. How can they? With scholarships out the whazoo and tons of recognition for their accomplishments, these kids are real winners. I am very, very proud of them and I don't even know them!

I am also trying to finish up reading Angels and Demons so I can go see the movie! I am so excited! I loved The DaVinci Code and have really enjoyed this book so far.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment