Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It'll all be alright

I talked with Boss B today about my schedule for work. I think she was okay, even though I said I have an ultimatum - reduce my hours or I quit. She made it pretty easy and just told me to come in later on in the day. Yes, I'm still working the same amount of days, but nowhere near the amount of hours I was.

But of course, in true Boss B fashion, she has to have the last word and get in that one last dig. She told me that I need to prioritize better and that she believes I am feeling too much pressure to please my family and J and that maybe instead of getting a pedicure, I should be doing homework. Yeah, she's great!

No, that job is not my life and I would never want it to become my life. I would literally have to stab myself in the eyeball if it ever did.

First of all, I do prioritize fairly well, but there is always room for improvement. And no, I don't feel pressure to please my family and J. I like doing things with them the best. And third, thanks for making me out to be a prissy bitch who would rather get a pedicure while I clutch my little dog and Louis Vuitton purse. The pedi was part of Mom's birthday, okay? And I think I am entitled to do something I really want to do every once in a while. When I have free time, you can be sure that I am not thinking about school and definitely not thinking about work.

I just can't work 34 hours a week. My father works 40 hours a week. His job is called full time. Mine was considered part time. Though I am debating about that part. Yes, Boss B, you may have been able to work around 35 hours a week and carry an 18 hour load at school, but I can't. I know my limits, and I cannot physically or mentally do that. That does not make me lazy or stupid. I can't have 10 billion things going on in my life and still feel like I have a life.

Anyway, that's my little rant. I am glad that she was able to change my hours, so I appreciate that. And after all that drama, it was a very enjoyable day at work. Maybe I always need to find some shelves to take down and put back up. It sure kept me busy tonight!

I am glad I only have one class tomorrow and I go into work later in the day. This is the way I wanted it to be!

I don't think there is anything interesting going on in my life right now. I really want to go to the Coldplay concert in June, but I am not about to pay $97 a seat. For a seat that is far away from the stage, no less.

I guess it's just that I haven't bought anything in a while. So I bought some aviator sunglasses from a military surplus store. I have always wanted a pair because I think they are super sexy! Haha! Yeah...anyway. The package comes with 2 pairs, so J gets the other. And there will be pictures put up here of course. Whenever they get here. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment