Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Friday, March 20, 2009

Oh the Agony!

Finally got home from work. It seems like days ago that I was in my Micro class, when in reality, it was only 14 hours ago. I worked for 8 hours and man.... people were up for buying appliances today!

I was in a little bit of a bad mood this afternoon because I felt like Cinderella. Yes, I know I am so beautiful and gorgeous and whatnot (haha), but I was on my hands and knees scrubbing at the floor at work. I don't get embarrassed hardly ever, but I was embarrassed having to scrub up the floor with customers all around me. I was a tad humiliated. I mean, I found it to be a bit demeaning having to do that at 2 in the afternoon and not after closing.

Which brings me to my next point, in a roundabout way. If you ever buy the SmoothAway pads, be cautious! They are not painful to begin with, but hours later, you are left with something worse that razor burn. I was scrubbing away at my upper lip (gasp! Look that the top of my head people! It's brown, if you haven't noticed!) and I had some major burn even that next morning. I went to school with a red, blotchy upper lip.

Interesting that basically doing bitch work embarrasses me, yet showing the world that yes, I do have upper lip hair doesn't bother me.

It's going to be a long weekend of studying and working on my informative speech for my night class, but right now, it is more appealing to me than going to work. I get the next 3 days off and I could not be more glad. Don't get me wrong, I really love working where I do. But as with everyone who has worked retail, oh! the stories we could tell. It is tiring attending to customers and dealing with a grumpy boss and making sure all stock is "pulled to the front, Meaghan!" and cleaning up after people who are 'just browsing' yet pick up everything and set it back down somewhere else. Bitter? Ohhhhh noooooo....

No comments:

Post a Comment