Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Let's wallow in our misery and bake!


I was teasing him about eating 8 cookies!


Excited for cookies?


I guess we both are...


Guess Baby thinks I am making her doggie treats again!


Dunking cookies in milk - gross.


Fresh out of the oven!


Cooling on the rack.


Baby still waiting patiently!

I'm not really miserable, it's been a pretty good day. Got to sleep in late and J and I went out to shop. I'm glad I have him to deter me from buying shoes. But tomorrow is always another day! We are going out again tomorrow, before the race.

J and I also went out for sushi tonight and it was good! I love going out on a sushi date. I got my usual blue crunchy shrimp roll, but it never fails to be delicious! J got the Southwestern, which had chicken, sour cream, spicy sauce, and a lemon wedge.

Interesting...

I would never try that. But it makes me happy that he is willing to try things.

J and Dad were watching the basketball games on TV tonight, pulling for Duke and Western. Yay for Duke winning, but sad that Western lost. I say boooooo Gonzaga! But only for a bit, because I would rather Gonzaga win and beat UNC. Because we hate them Tarholes!

To wallow in our misery, I baked peanut butter oatmeal cookies, as you can see from the pictures above. They are super good, sound healthy, but really aren't. Two full sticks of butter, tons of sugar, and a full cup of peanut butter. I'm just in denial about my eating habits lately. I haven't been very flex-y. But Mom went to the grocery this afternoon and got my shredded mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, and black beans. I live for black beans, by the way. I just pop them like breath mints. Okay, maybe not like that, but you get the idea. I love those little farts (no pun intended).

I always feel so much better when I eat healthy (huge revelation, I know). But J and I have been taking our vitamins and I gave up sweet tea for Lent. Seems like a minor thing, but you have no idea. I was drinking that stuff out of my baby bottle practically. But anyway, I have been trying to eat more beans for my protein and lots of fruits and veggies. It is slow going, but I am determined. A lifestyle change is all that will work for me. I have to do it because I want to feel good again, not just 'doing fine'. And it makes me feel good that I am making these changes in myself now, so I will be able to teach my children good habits someday.

Here's to a long, healthy life!

2 comments:

  1. OK, those cookies look divine!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Pillsbury Kitchen's Cookbook recipe, so I can't take the credit.

    ReplyDelete