Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How Are Vacations Possible for Poor Students?

So...

Anything interesting going on in anyone's life? Cause life is being pretty stale right now. But that's not always a bad thing. I just might miss these days once things become hectic at work and school. Boring days just make for bad blogging days.

J has been hard at work.... at work. Since he's had the job for 2 or 3 weeks now, I can finally say what he is doing. He got a job as a salesman at a dealership. This week has been his first week actually selling, and so far he's sold 2 cars in 2 days! We are very proud. He amazes me with his knowledge of the different vehicles and how to be a good salesman. I think people forget that the salesmen are human beings to that are trying to provide for their families too. J has learned how to be a good salesman, like really looking into the needs of the customer. You want to make the customer as happy as you can, because if you do a good job, you may have repeat customers and those customers may refer others to you.

We are excited for the 4th, even though we aren't really doing much. As of now I don't have to work, but J does. I hope we will get to see a fireworks show somewhere in town. Somewhere FREE is best.

There's only a short amount of time until my 2nd summer session begins, and I know I will miss these days of just worrying about work. Boo summer for going by so quickly.

Though we aren't going on any vacation of any kind this summer, J and I are going swimming for the first time tomorrow. Maybe this time next year, we can take a vacation somewhere. I didn't used to think vacations were necessary, but now I think completely differently. After awhile of just doing the day to day of working and school, you would like to have a week to chill out. That would be perfect. But like I've said before, any sort of trip will have to wait a good while, that's for sure.

Still is quite a bummer to just work and go to school part time over the summer. I'm not even a full adult yet! I'm still in school for Pete's sake! Don't even get me started on the boo hoo weekend that was my spring break this past year. I worked 1-9 every day because we were remodeling the store. Some break.

Anyway, to all those who seem to go on a trip to the Keys on EVERY school break, how in the HECK do you do it? This has baffled me for a long time. The people must have jobs that pay out the whazzoo or they never buy anything to be able to afford these trips. On a college budget, I just don't see how any of them do it.

Oh yeah, I bet Mommy and Daddy pay.

I think I'd rather NOT go not vacation than have my parents pay for every time the girls want to go to Miami.

I still live with my parents, but I am at least trying to be more independent. Some spending habits aren't good, but I am learning. If everything was perfect and my job actually payed well, I'd want to try to pay for as much of my college as possible. So no, I don't think that makes me spoiled.

I just want to get away from the hometown for a while.

Please?


2 comments:

  1. um, their moms and dads pay for it. for sure. that must be nice, huh? my parents would never have paid for me to go to Florida. i mean, they couldn't even if they WANTED to. those same kids live in those expensive college apartments and drive fancy cars. oh, and still afford to buy a ton of expensive clothing.

    barf.

    i haven't been to florida in yeeears. like, um, since I was a senior in high school. HA! wow.

    i want a vacation too!! i mean, i go see mark, but that's in the middle of NO WHERE in texas. so there's nothing to do there. and it's right next to oklahoma. so it's hot with NO water.

    wow, long comment. sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to FL since senior year either. I wanna gooooo!

    But there are other things to pay for, like school, and a cell bill, and eventually rent for an apartment.

    Ya know, like things you need.

    ReplyDelete