Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good Food, Good Meat, Thank God Their Trip is Complete!

Yay! Mom and Dad are finally back from NC! It was getting lonely around the house with two people gone. There's normally six people in the house at any given time, so it was different. It reminded me of last Thanksgiving. J and I stayed back home because he had to work and the rest of the family traveled to NC. I cooked the turkey, 7 layer salad, hash browns, and dressing all day with Jarred. We sat down to dinner, just the two of us. And then I cried. I just got a little emotional because I missed family. But I was glad I was home with J because I didn't want him to be alone on Thanksgiving. And now I know I can cook a really good turkey.

We went out to Longhorn for dinner tonight and I think everyone had steaks. Hence the post title. What an awesome meal with a great family. I'm glad everyone is back home and life can be normal again.

I'm starting to get pretty excited for school to start. All of my classes seem pretty interesting (to me at least). I mean, Operations Management is going to be the bomb! I say that in all seriousness too. All of my business classes are going to be so useful when I get a job. When I worked at FOL from September to January, I learned so much about the business setting. The things I am learning now are things I remember people talking about at work. If that's what keeps me going with this degree, then that's fine with me. It's a struggle for me sometimes, as we all know.

But I have a question for anyone who is going to or went to the same school I'm at. I was looking online and it said that I won't graduate for another 2 1/2 years. But I have looked at all the classes I have left to take, it won't take me nearly that long. So I don't know where it is getting the idea that I won't graduate until December of 2011. I am taking the most hours I can and am planning on taking classes in the winter and summer. I was supposed to graduate next May, but I am calculating that I will graduate just a semester later.
My question, I guess, is whether the online site I am looking at is saying I will graduate in 2011 because it is only taking into account a student signing up for 12 hours (the minimum to be considered full-time). And if any of you all could follow what I just wrote, God bless you.

It's been a good break from work today and I'm not too excited to get back tomorrow. But it pays, so I am willing.

And on a side note, I am quite pleased with myself because I sat down and rolled coins this afternoon.


And here's a nice survey for good measure:

1. Who was your FIRST date? T, and we went to see School of Rock!

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? No.

3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? A screwdriver

4. What was your FIRST job? Working at FOL as a file keeper/scanner girl

5. What was your FIRST car? Honda Civic named Herbert

6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? Back home to NC

7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? D, and no, we don't talk anymore. I haven't seen her in years!

8. Whose wedding did you attend the FIRST time? Technically Aunt L and Uncle R's, since Mom was pregnant with me. But I guess the first wedding I was aware of was Aunt P and Uncle M's.

9. Tell us about your FIRST roommate. Noooooo thank you. We'll leave that one well enough alone.

10. If you had one wish, what would it be (other than more wishes)? To live a happy life.

11. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? Maybe a sport or some unique hobby or trade.

12. Did you marry the FIRST person you were in love with? No.

13. What were the first lessons you ever took and why? Dance lessons from Ms. M! I loved my tutus!

14. What is the first thing you do when you get home? Put my bag down and hop onto the Internet. I know, classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment