Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Story of Paint

I wanted to make a new header for M and J Hooray, and I thought this would be the perfect one. It is quintessentially us.

I painted these two a couple of years ago. The paint job in places is sketchy at best, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. It was one of the first paintings I did. I was totally excited about it and put it in the art show at PU. I got a lot of praise for it because it was so original. In fact, I got to do a CD cover for some friends.

I haven't painted in over a year. I hope that I will continue again one day. I miss it a lot, but where's the time? I miss my art classes only a little though. It becomes hard to constantly be criticized for work you are proud of. Art is so subjective, yet in school it becomes objective. Which is should never be. Some people like classic paintings, such as this one, named Death of Marat by Jacques-Louis David.


It's art, don't get me wrong. But you wanna know what I like?

This. The Ultimate. Jackson Pollock's One: No. 31.


And this. A self portrait by Henry Rousseau. He had no formal training. I identify greatly. But his art speaks to me more than any other, besides for my buddy Van Gogh.


Some time soon I hope to get started back to what I love doing most. Hope with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment