Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, July 19, 2009

When I grow up

It's been great to have a Sunday off finally! I have been working every Sunday for the past, like, 11 million months. But tomorrow gets me back into the grind, but also makes me money. Double edged sword anyone? Or is it a catch-22? Or, it's just both good and bad. I'm working a lot of hours, but I am getting paid for the hours, so I can't complain.

Jarred and I are being really good about money right now. I had to go buy some of my monthly medicine and he had to get something for his truck's radiator, but other than that, no spent money. I am taking my lunch to work with me and Jarred always comes home during his break to eat. We are saving up even little bits of money.

We didn't go look at apartments today after all. I have been worried sick about how everything is going to turn out, and I just didn't want to think about it today. So we went to the library instead. I got some books and Jarred got himself a library card. Totally better than going and renting a movie ($) or buying a book from Barnes and Noble ($).

When I quit something, it definitely has to be cold turkey. Spending money is an awful habit of mine, but I've just had to tell myself I can't even spend money on little things, like a drink at work or going through the drive in while I'm out. It's been a little hard, but I have resisted going 'shopping' like I normally do, where I tell myself I just want to know what sales are out there, and then I buy almost $70 worth of just stuff. Stuff that I don't need. And then I feel guilty. But there are more important things to be spending money on, and that new cute shirt from Anthropologie is not one of them. (Ugh. J, if you are reading this, that sucked to write down.)

I have a test tomorrow in my summer class, so I am preparing myself for that. With a little blogging on the side! I feel 75% confident, but by tomorrow, I will feel fully confident that I can make that good grade. I paid for this class anyway, so I better have some reason to want to do well.

Blogging has unfortunately gone by the wayside for now, with me being as busy as I am. Life is a little hectic, but I am trying to hold it together right now, because J and I sure do need some stability in this life. Does anyone ever want to go back to being a little kid and not have to worry about apartment hunting or credit or working or anything? Sometimes I do. But I am mostly thankful for where I am today.

'Cause I remember when I was little, if someone would have asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say "A grown-up!" Yeah, what a weird kid. But at least I had huge dreams of becoming a movie director. Today, my aspirations are a little bit more boring. I want to be a financial advisor! Woohoo! Never heard a 6-year old say that, have we?



1 comment: