Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Thursday, July 2, 2009

That Summer

Gawd.

Yesterday at the water park was not long enough.

I actually think I'm ready for the summer to be over with, so I have an excuse to be busy. Since life revolves around work and school. But how is that different from 'real' life? It isn't.

But yeah, the water park was great. It was great to go on a mini trip with Jarred. Just the two of us relaxing. He would probably sweetly tell me that it reminded him of 'that summer' at PU.

Yes, that summer.

Both a great one and a terrible one.

I was staying on campus in the apartments with a roommate, A, who was never there and her live-in boyfriend who wasn't actually supposed to be there. I went to class from 3 to 8 every day (I was taking Biology 1 and 2). I got back and did whatever I wanted.

I ate every meal by myself. I studied a lot and watched TV a lot.

I was alone a lot.

My hair started to fall out and began losing weight.

People don't think it's that big of a deal to be alone that much. But it is. I cried a lot to Jarred that summer because it was so exhausting being alone all the time. Class was only 5 hours a day, but normally didn't last more than an hour, because really, who wants to be in class for 5 hours?

But Jarred would come visit me every other weekend. He was busy working on the family farm, but he was able to spend some weekends with me.

We went to a big amusement park one weekend. Another weekend, we went to a NASCAR race. And sometimes, we didn't go anywhere. We just went to dinner and a movie.

But even when he wasn't there, I had some good times too. When I did see my roommate, it would be to talk about some sort of drama, like the Res Life wanting to search our rooms because someone had told them both her live-in boyfriend and Jarred were staying there with us. Which, hers was. But I was in the clear.

I enjoyed stacking Styrofoam cups and plates outside this same girl's apartment to get back at her for ratting on A and me. This jealous girl was a serious 'naturalist' and screamed at the sight of Styrofoam.

I remember taking apart a lava lamp with A and another friend and splatting the blue goo all around the walkway of the apartment breezeway.

That was a difficult summer and a good summer. I'm not sure I would ever want to do it again. But it was a good experience.

1 comment:

  1. how do you take apart a lava lamp? that's so cool! oh, and i'm sad that you were alone a lot. I'm sorry, friend.

    ReplyDelete