Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sweeeeet weekend!

Oh! What a weekend!

I haven't really been all that productive, in terms of school. I have a test coming up on Tuesday and I have looked over the material a little bit today, but later on tonight I am hoping to really get started. I'll say it again - I am not really a procrastinator, but I cannot study for a test much in advance.

I didn't have to work today because S said she would work for me. I was so grateful, because while I like getting money, I don't really like working retail all that much. But I want to keep the job until something better comes along. Which means until after I graduate, I guess.

I don't have to work tomorrow either, so it's study time for me, but in the afternoon, I will be out shopping again as I was this afternoon with the family. We went out to find some dress clothes for the inevitable funeral that will come for Granddaddy. We are not 'wishing' him to the grave by doing that, as C so nicely put it. But we know his health is going downhill so fast that we are in spot where we are needing to be able to leave at the drop of a hat. We just want to be prepared. I am going to have to go out again tomorrow to find something to wear because I couldn't find anything today. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a decent black dress where I live! It is so aggravating and put me in such a bad mood.

We had my favorite for dinner tonight - Surf and Turf. J grilled out steak and shrimp, and it was wonderful with mashed potatoes! Yes, I am eating healthier and everything, but since I would consider myself a sort of 'flexitarian', I don't feel bad eating meat.

After dinner, J and I made chocolate chip cookies, and they are so messy! But aren't homemade choco chips always that way?

I guess I forgot to tell everyone, but I got my hair cut! I don't know how many inches came off, but there was a lot of hair on the floor when Ky was done. It rests above my shoulders and is all one length. I love how simple and 'geometric' it is. I feel like I could wear some pretty wild outfits, or maybe all black, and get away with it because frankly, I think my hair is a bit 'artsy'. And we all know that's what I love at heart.

That has pretty much summed up my weekend, besides for the times I was at work. Ever since B cut back my hours, I have enjoyed work a lot more. And she hired a new girl, and she is about 20 years old. I am so excited to have someone my own age. I just worry that the girl will show me up or something - be a better worker, I mean. So I need to really step it up. I am 3rd key for a reason.

Good work story: A woman and her family (huge family) come into the store and are looking around. She calls to me and asks whether our pizza pans are on sale. I told her no, I didn't believe we were having a sale on any pizza products at this time. She had an accent, so I didn't really understand her. I had to run up to the counter to ring up some other customers. A few minutes later, she brought the pizza pan up to the counter, and says "Are you sure you can't give me a 10% discount?" I was shocked! I told her that I couldn't. She then said "Well, your manager gave me one last time I was here." I asked "B gave you one?" And she nodded. I told her that I did not know of any discount that I can give; that I was not of authority to give her one just because. I also told her that unfortunately, the manager was out today. She told me to call B and ask for the discount. I told her no, I was not calling B on her day off. She then said "Well you could try." By the way, this was a $9.99 pizza pan, meaning she would have gotten about a dollar off and would still be paying over $9 for the pan. I ignored her and told her "That'll be 10.59." And she said "Are you sure you can't call your manager? You could try." I again told her no. I then asked her whether she still wanted the pan or not because I wasn't going to give her a discount. She said she would still buy it, but I "could still try" to call B. What a bitch! I called C to see whether I handled the situation alright; whether there was something else I could have said. She said what I did was fine. We get a lot of wonderful people who come into our store, so this was a huge oddity for us. Now, I am a very open-minded person, so I will not describe the woman asking for a discount, other than that she was probably born into a foreign culture where you haggle prices. I'm not trying to be a red-blooded American by saying this, but here in the US, we don't do that. Learn how our system works. I say that more so because I am not getting in trouble for giving someone an undeserved discount than anything else.

Whoo! What a ramble! Sorry, but I was just shocked about that situation. Hopefully I won't deal with that again. And hopefully she will come into the store again sometime and not ask for a discount because she knows I won't give her one.

No comments:

Post a Comment