Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, April 19, 2009

One For One

I wanted to write a little post about a product that I truly believe in.

TOMS shoes. Heard of them? If not, why are you so out of the loop?

I''ll give you a little history of the company and the shoe. If you want, you can go to the official website here. And also if you want, you can get some condensed info on Wikipedia here. Or you can just rely on me.

TOMS is a shoe company headquartered in California. The shoes are modeled after the alpargata shoe. The shoes come in different designs from regularly dyed canvas, to tie-dyed, to sparkly (which I have).
Blake Mycoskie (seen previously on Amazing Race) was vacationing in Argentina when he came up with the idea for the company. He noticed the many village children with no shoes.
TOMS shoes donates one pair of shoes to a needy child for every pair of TOMS shoes sold.

One for One.

Such a powerful concept. One for One. The company had a goal of 30,000 shoes donated to impoverished children in Ethiopia for the past holiday season. They by far surpassed that goal. TOMS had over 37,000 shoes to take to their shoe drop. I am so happy to think that a needy child now has shoes to wear because if me. It has truly been one of the best purchases of my life.

It's a wonderful company that has a wonderful cause. And it's just an added bonus for me that the shoes are made of canvas or vegan materials.

I really encourage everyone to take a look into these shoes, especially with the summer season coming up soon. They are a good alternative to sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment