Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Thursday, April 9, 2009

He called me Poison Ivy Part 3

I have been looking through photo albums today. I truly see from these earlier pictures how much he deteriorated over the years. But regardless, he was always 'Granddaddy' to K and me, always Cousins E and G's 'Poppy'.

These are some of the best pictures I have been able to find so far. These are back from a time when going to Grandma's house meant playing with TinkerToys until Granddaddy came how from work as a VP of HyrdaLabs. Did you know that Granddaddy and his cousin patented the first formula of tooth whitening formula?

My Granddaddy was so smart (he went to NCSU for textile chemistry), he was very brave (he was in the Navy), and very well traveled.

We can't be too sad. He lived such a fulfilling life. I don't think he would have had life any other way.






No comments:

Post a Comment