Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Thursday, April 9, 2009

He called me Poison Ivy

Today is a beautiful day. It is clear outside and not too chilly. I am feeling free today and God is good.



Granddaddy passed away at 7:30 this morning.



Mom got the call this morning. Uncle M and Cousin E stayed the night with him and they woke up and saw Granddaddy wasn't breathing. Grandma checked him, then went to her room and made her bed.

She called Mom and told her that today is a beautiful day; so nice outside. My grandmother is so strong and I find it funny that up until the end, she has kept on with her life by making her bed and cleaning up a bit. She has accepted what has happened to Granddaddy and I respect her so much.

I didn't get to see Granddaddy, but I think he didn't want us to see him in that state.

I walked outside this morning and looked up at the sky and I know Granddaddy was looking down on me. I blew him a kiss and told him I would see him soon.

We love you Granddaddy!


I love you!

2 comments:

  1. This is so precious. I love how you and your grandmother are both focusing on how it's a beautiful day and how God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you all are very sweet! Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete