Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Monday, April 27, 2009

I Just Dear John'ed School

Dear School,

Yes, I don't need to make any introductions. We've known each other for almost 16 years. And it's been a love-hate kind of relationship, let's not lie.
We've had some great times. Do you remember making green goo in 2nd grade? That was fun. And do you also remember when I played General Robert E. Lee (granted, yes, I am a girl) in 7th grade for a movie by our History class? That was an awesome time. And do you remember those fun Thursday nights at PU that I will say no more about? Had a blast.
But we've also had some bad times. Do you remember getting in trouble in 2nd grade for giving a boy the middle finger? Yes, I do. Do you also remember how embarrassing it was to have to dance with boys during PE in middle school? I remember the pain. And do you remember those long art assignments at PU when I would work until 3 in the morning? I halfway do.
See, the thing is School, even though we've had some good times, I think we have been a little too close lately. There's been too much 'together-ness'. I feel like I am suffocating in this relationship. I'm really sorry that I have to do this, but I think we need to see other people.
I need to be truthful and tell you that I have been seeing Weekends on and off throughout the year and that in a few weeks, I plan to go out with Summer Break. I really hate to do this, but I think it will be better for our relationship. You've been getting on my nerves lately and I need some space. Please don't beat yourself up over it, even though it's definitely not me, it's you.

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment