Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just

a bit of a ramble.

I made the best fried eggplant tonight for dinner.  Best.  It was so much better than Olive Garden's and I could probably go back into the kitchen right now and eat some more.  I don't normally think too highly of my cooking, so this was a pleasant surprise. 

I'd love to share the recipe by Emeril.  I didn't add all of the ingredients, including the 'essence' because I didn't have all the spices.  I just used paprika, garlic salt, and pepper.  I also used Italian bread crumbs and had spaghetti sauce on hand.

On Facebook, I saw a friend had posted some more pictures of the construction of her home.  I felt sorry for myself for a second but didn't even look at the photos.  Good.  For.  Me.

On a brighter (?) note, tomorrow is finally Friday.  I was wondering when it was going to get here.  It's not as if my days are chock-full of busy, but this week has gone by at a snail's pace.
Why the excitement?  Shopping.  Or at least window-shopping.  And crafting.


I picked up these fabrics on Tuesday.  I kind of balked at the price per yardage, but then saw all fabric was 30% off.  Made me feel a tad better.  The girl at the counter asked what I would be making and I said I just wanted the fabric on hand.  I never tell salesclerks what I'm making.  Not to be secretive, but I've found that every time I answer them honestly, I just get a blank stare back.  Kind of reminds me of a funny story Ashley Ann told.  Of course on here, I'll say what I'm making.  I making a new bunting.  I need to go back to the craft store for a few more items, but I'm hoping I got enough fabric to make something that goes all the way around the bedroom.  Yeah.  Seriously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment