Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Husband

www.nataliedee.com

Was this written about my husband?

Sorry Jarred.  That was mean.  Though some of your jokes really are corny.  But it's endearing.

I wanted to take some time and write about my husband, Jarred, since I haven't mentioned him all too much.  He's quite the doll.  Sweet and by golly, I hope our children turn out to look just like him, complete with dimples.

Jarred works very hard.  He was the one who told me it was okay to quit my retail job even though we could have really used the extra money.  He has a good job and tries hard to please.  And he's so darn charming, how could anyone not like him?

I'm thankful to have a spouse who truly listens, even when I swear he's not.  Case in point:  We went to a baseball game tonight and I saw 'DH' listed beside a player's name.  I asked Jarred what it meant.  He said "It means Dear Husband, right?"  I looked at him weird and asked him how he knew 'DH' meant that.  He said "You told me that's what you call your husbands on that message board you talk on."  Why yes, yes I do.  Turns out 'DH' actually means 'Designated Hitter'.

Jarred and I have such a good time together.  Though I love my alone time during the day, I'm always excited for Jarred to come home because we always laugh, sing, dance, and generally have fun, no matter what we're doing.  

I'm glad Jarred is open to letting me do what I want.  We decided together that I would continue schooling, but change my major.  If he didn't think it was a good idea, I wouldn't have.  I'm also glad to have a husband who trusts me with finances but lets me get something if  I really want it.  

I'm super thankful all the time to have someone to walk through life with, regardless of whether we are rich or broke, whole or broken.  Thanks for making life a blast Sweets.
 

1 comment:

  1. Morning Meaghan! That cartoon just made me laugh..so Jarred joke fashion! We feel the same about him too..couldn't have asked for a better son-in-law to marry, take care of, be supportive of and cherish our first born!

    ReplyDelete