Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bright

It was more of an eventful Saturday than we've had in a while.  We were all around town this afternoon shopping.  We only came home with 2 bags though -- some fabric from the craft store and a new set of white sheets and a poster frame from Target.  We've proven that we can window shop, considering how many other places we went.

I purchased some Amy Butler fabric off Etsy this past week and I can't wait for it to arrive.  I'll be making some pillows for our bedroom.  We've been severely lacking in style when it comes to our bed and I'm slowly working on a way to resolve the issue.  The completion of my pillows and bunting will complete it.  For now.

I may have mentioned previously that I took the financial dive and purchased a new comforter.  I have been greatly inspired by photos of stark white bedrooms that have pops of color in random places.  So off I trekked to Target and found one heckuva white foofy comforter.  Loves it.  Jarred tolerates.

It was only Thursday that I found fabric to make an accent pillow for the bed.  I saw the fabric after I had already gotten my Easter patterns and thought I didn't want to spend any more money.  But for real, who wouldn't like this funky pattern?  So I took 30 minutes tonight and made the pillow.  Thanks for the help with the whips-stitch Mom!

Since 6th grade, I have been enthralled with Van Gogh.  I still am.  I mean, I have his portrait hanging in our room for goodness sake.  When Mom and I re-did my childhood bedroom, the painting Starry Night was the inspiration.  There were colorful swirls on my bedding and my walls were a very typical 'Van Gogh' yellow.  Of course.  The cherry on top was the Starry Night painting that hung above the bed.  

When Jarred and I moved into the apartment, the painting returned to its place above our heads.  But ever since we rearranged the bedroom a few months ago, the painting has been off-center since we moved the bed over a few feet.  Tonight, the painting came down.  And fabric and wooden hoops and paper doilies replaced.

I will most certainly add more as time goes on, but this was a nice start.  And yes, I did use thumbtacks to secure the hoops to the wall.  Ghetto, but it works.

So the (almost) finished product is something I am loving: 


Please excuse the wrinkly comforter.  I was crawling around to get a good shot of the pillow and hoops.

Color makes me happy.  Bright color makes me happiest.  Yes, I am quite fond of the work I have done on my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment