Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Amy Butler Fabrics and Bunting Beginnings

While Lou was at the groomer's this morning, I went over to Mom and Dad's to show off my new camera and get started on my bunting.  Only one of those panned out.

New camera?  Why yes.  We made the plunge to DSLR.  I bought a Canon Rebel t2i and I am really enjoying it so far.  I still have a lot of practice to do with the camera because I can hardly remember anything I learned in my photography classes in college.  So I'm basically a noob all over again.  Yes.  Noob.

The camera was one of the fun things I had mentioned in this post.  I didn't want to say we were getting an investment camera just in case something didn't work out.  We were waiting for our tax return, in other words.

I haven't been able to sit down and read the camera instructions for comprehension yet.  I hope this weekend to be able to do that and get comfortable with the manual features.  For now, I am happy taking photos using the automatic features and flash.

 One of the first pictures taken.  Me.  Dirty Mirror.  Suh-weet camera.  And yes, I'm giving the duck-lips look on purpose.

 Louie pre-haircut.  He's scared of the noise the camera makes, so I had to grab his collar to get this shot.  

Shot of gnome and books in Mom and Dad's living room.  Trying out black and white.

Also at the house, I was greeted by my Amy Butler fabrics I had ordered off Etsy from seller Mimis.  I will most definitely be ordering more Amy Butler very soon because I don't know of anywhere in town I can buy it.  Amy Butler knows fabric.  It's a beautiful thing.  

 Blue fabric is from the Amy Butler LOVE line -- Bliss Bouquet in Teal.  Purple fabric is from the same line and called Water Bouquet in Midnight.

Both these fabrics will be made into pillows for our bed.  Then leftovers will be cherished and made into a bunting or something.  What else?

I really hope Jarred's not opposed to our home looking like it vomited Amy Butler fabric.  But that would be the prettiest barf ever.

Ahem.

I meant to begin cutting out fabric for my bunting this afternoon at the house but got sidetracked.  This weekend I will be working on a new bunting for our bedroom.  I had toyed with the idea of making another tablecloth, but ultimately decided the bedroom needed far more interior decorating help than our table nook.

All I've done tonight is cut out 60 triangles for the bunting.  And that's just one yard of fabric.  I bought 4.  It's going to take awhile, but it's going to be so worth it.  I'm planning on stringing the super-long bunting across the room, back and forth.  I think there will be enough fabric for that.  

I'll be in the works of making the bunting, so I should have the beginnings of a tutorial up sometime this weekend or Monday at the latest.

Until then, happy crafting, happy life, happy thoughts!




No comments:

Post a Comment