Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Inspire Me

I love inspired projects.  Completely original results.

Lots of times I have a difficult time thinking up cute crafts on my own.

Thankfully I have Jarred.  Back story:

Mom and Dad bought our bedding back in '09 when Jarred and I moved into our apartment.  We love it.  Seriously.  But I've yet to find an accent pillow that matches the quilt pattern and/or color.  Sis was able to find satin the perfect green color to make us pillows for Christmas, but I haven't found anything myself.

Fed up with our blah-looking bed, I vowed to Jarred that I would make an accent pillow myself.

Without missing a beat, Jarred said, "Accent pillow?  Is that a pillow that says "'Ello!  Would you like to lay your 'ead on me?""

And thus, this project was born.


I made this in one afternoon and am proudly displaying it next to our bed. While I am still in the amateur stages of embroidery, I still love it.  Unfortunately, I still have no accent pillow for the bed.

One project at a time Meaghan.

I was recently invited to participate in Pinterest, a website that allows you to 'pin' pictures and ideas to a 'pinboard'.  I have just started getting the hang of it, but if you'd like to check it out, here's my personal link.

1 comment:

  1. I will never look at accent pillows in the same way again! That Jarred! You did a great job on the stitching! Have a great day! Mom

    ReplyDelete