Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Partial Vent - Excusez Moi

I unfortunately read this article from Yahoo.

Makes me pretty mad.

Even though I took a course where we covered mortgages and talked extensively about the financial crisis, I won't pretend to remember hardly anything learned, but I get the gist of the article.  But I'm not really talking about the financial aspects of it. 

I'm talking about how mad it makes me that these people did stupid, stupid things like take out second mortgages for ridiculous reasons and now they're underwater.  Now it's a waiting game the article calls 'foreclosure limbo' where homeowners are waiting for the courts to decide whether to foreclose or not.  But until then, these people get to go right on living comfortably in their homes minus a mortgage payment.  One woman, who bought a home in '98 for $135K refinanced twice and took out a second  mortgage to expand her business.  Now she's in the hole $600K when the house is now only worth $235K.  This woman says that the foreclosure limbo is 'hell'. 

Get a life, lady.  You did something really stupid and now owe almost 3 times the amount your house is worth.  Yet you figure you don't need to make another mortgage payment because who gives a damn!  You're already screwed!

And yet there are so many people like Jarred and me that want nothing more than to have a mortgage payment.  Because most of the people that are in homes now obviously don't deserve them and don't appreciate them.


Alright.

I'm done with that vent.

Jarred and I are fine with where we are right now and in fact, we probably won't be buying a home anytime soon.  We both are in agreement that we'd much rather save a lot more money to be able to afford something we could call home indefinitely.  I don't want a little bitty starter home.  We want something that we can grow into from the start.  Yeah, it's going to take longer but you better believe that we'll appreciate it more than any of my friends that are in homes already.

Today is the 96th birthday of Les Paul, maker of guitars. Go onto Google's front page and you can record your own song.  This is my little bit of strumming....

And that's that peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment