Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sun Tricks

Welcome welcome welcome to our updated home!  It's quite cozy isn't it?  Fall weather has me in such a good creative mood that I just got the itch yesterday to change things up.

Aside from the pretty exterior of this blog, there are going to be a few format changes.  I'm not going to be blogging everyday (or more like, feeling guilty for not blogging everyday... ahem) and I will instead be focusing on giving this blog some depth.  Expect more photos to be added and more craftiness.  I hope I've got it in me!

Some quick details -- my new navigation bar under my header will be changing frequently.  My 'About' tab gives more detail about where you can find cool clip art, fonts, and tutorials.  My 'Contact' tab contains a link to e-mail me.  My 'Art' tab is still under construction, and I am currently working on creating an in-depth catalog for my 'Archives' tab. 

Now then, let's get back to it!


This weekend pretty much summed up why I love fall.  Saturday morning was spent lounging at home.  We used our patio for the first time while Jarred smoked a cigar and drank some coffee. I was just bundled up tight in a hoodie and coat.  The sun was out, but our patio was in the shade and the wind was a bit strong.  Still, I could smell fall and hear the neighborhood high school band warming up before a competition.  I'm sure Jarred would say it simply feels like football weather.  Oh boys :-)

Sunday was spent at my parents' house and whatdoyouknow, I remembered to bring my camera along.  And tripod.  I was on a roll.

I don't take too many pictures of the two of us together.  But then again, maybe I do and my Facebook-addled brain is getting the best of me.  In this age of social networking, I feel like I need to always keep up by taking photos.  While some momtographers (synonymous with this) have their cameras surgically implanted to their hand, I only get mildly concerned when my profile picture gets to be over 3 months old.  Is that too long to go without taking a picture of myself?  Will bloggies forget what I look like?

Outside we went for about 15 minutes.  It was windy and cold and my Dumbo ears were throbbing.  But it looked beautiful outside.  Perfect view for photos.

Except, we took most of our photos with our sunglasses on.  Jarred pointed out that quite a few of our recent photos together have been with glasses.  Whoops.

Jarred is very patient with my camera experimentation.  I took one photo of him where the sun rays were hitting him juuust right.  And that was that.  I was hooked and we spent the rest of our time shooting ourselves wearing the sun as a hat.


Can I just say, Jarred takes beautiful photos.  Without any real guidance.  He's just a natural.


He's pretty cute too.


We wanted to make another attempt at a photo, so we made the decision to take some without our sunglasses on.  It was difficult.


It just didn't feel right.

I'll be back Thursday or Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Those glasses look as big as the ones I actually wore when you were a baby..remember the pictures!

    ReplyDelete