Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Monday, November 28, 2011

What I've Been Up To

This post doesn't have too much of point besides me making excuses for myself as to why I am a terrible blogger.  It's all the normal stuff:  school, work, sleep, TV, Coldplay....

Okay, so the first day back to school wasn't too awful.  I especially enjoyed my drawing class.  Today was a figure drawing lesson, but this time the model was clothed.  I was a bit relieved.  I still can't believe that only 3 short months ago I was standing at our front door crying my eyes out to Jarred because I was so nervous to attend my first drawing class.  And look at me now:

Excuse the lighting -- it's an iPhone photo!

I'm really proud of the work I've done.  I've obviously improved, even past this piece, which was drawn during the mid-terms.  Once the semester is up, I'd like to show some more of the work I've done. 

Jarred and I took some time yesterday to do a little Christmas shopping for Lucas.  We ended up going to Petco where I found the cutest little sweater for him:

How darling is that?  I saw the skull and cross bones and was instantly sold.  He is going to look so adorable.  Can't wait for Christmas to get here so I can stick him in it!  We also got him a matching monkey's fist knotted rope ball.  What a spoiled pup he will be!

There's apparently been a dilemma at work over what radio stations we can listen to.  We'd been listening to country for the first few weeks and that got old super fast.  Thank goodness we are now able to listen to an edited version of Top 40 radio.  I even told one of the assistant managers that I feel like I work harder with more upbeat music playing. 

I've been so busy with work and school that I've had no time to keep up with music.  As I said in a previous post, I bought the entire Mumford and Sons album and have been playing it on repeat constantly.  I remember telling Dad, "Mumford and Sons could possibly replace Coldplay as my favorite group".  And that pained me to say.  But one week ago at work I heard it:  Coldplay's new single "Paradise".  And that's when I reaffirmed my love of the group.  I don't think anyone will ever displace Coldplay in my heart.

So who wants to see their new video for "Paradise"?  Dad, I think you'll get a kick out of it!



Try not to abuse the replay!

This will probably be the last you'll hear from me for this week.  I may write one more post before the weekend, but I'm still mulling topics over in my head.

Have a wonderful week and happy beginning of December!

No comments:

Post a Comment