Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, November 13, 2011

4

There are 4 things I'm crazy about right now:

1.  Mumford and Sons.

Please don't give me that look.  I've been hearing about them for a while but didn't pay it any attention because I thought they were a country group.  And Meaghan no like country!! 

Ahem.  Anyway, there's this song I've been hearing on the radio lately called 'Little Lion Man' and finally learned who performed it last Friday while Mom and I were driving to see a play.

Bought their album.  Got up the next morning and almost immediately messaged Dad about it.

Could this group replace Coldplay in my heart?  Maybe.  And it pains my heart to say that.

2.  LORAC gloss or just makeup in general

After the unusually craptastic day I had at work last week, I went to the mall to buy myself some new earphones and I made a trip to Ulta.  I came out with minimal damage done money-wise and with some fabulous new gloss.  The beauty blogging community has long been all about LORAC Couture Shine in Haute.  Their assessment that it was the greatest color ever was in fact correct.

In other beauty news, Meaghan has finally found the best highlighter (Benefit's High Beam) and has developed the motor skills necessary to use a lash curler.



3.  Leopard Print

It's a well-known fact that I love animal print, be it zebra, tiger, or crocodile.  The one print I have been searching high and low for was leopard.  In the form of a scarf, if possible.  Finally settled on a non-budget breaking one from Target.  It's been worn 3 out of the past 3 days.  And I can guarantee that you could potentially see me about town wearing it tomorrow.

4.  Sandy Skoglund

I am very fortunate to work with some of the sweetest people in the world.  The majority of my coworkers are my age of younger and I enjoy being with them during work.  What I've found amazing is everyone's genuine interest in everyone else.  Most of my coworkers know I am an art major, but of course I haven't showed them any of the pieces I've worked on.  At least not yet.  Before we closed up for the day, I had a good conversation with another employee about art.  He said he enjoyed Picasso and asked who my favorite artist was.  I answered without hesitation "Sandy Skoglund" and ended up doing a search for some of her work. 

Of course I love Van Gogh and very much feel an emotional connection to his works.  So in that respect, he is my favorite.  But if we're talking about what artist I admire and get inspiration from, it's totally Sandy.  And to think this love affair all began with a simple photograph of 'Fox Games' in a textbook.


Hope everyone had a good weekend and be looking for a new post sometime this week!

1 comment: