Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, November 13, 2011

No Fashionista

I hadn't forgotten about you bloggy world.  I've been cooking up ideas for posts for about a week now and have had simply no time to actually write out anything.  I guess that's what happens when you're a student and work a job.  

Student?  Yes, it's whatever.  I love my studio class, but all my other classes are meh.  And honestly, I'll be glad when I get this basic studio out of the way.  Next semester I can focus on areas of art that I am actually interested in.

Job?  Yes, it's going quite well.  I enjoy my coworkers, the actual work isn't too bad, and I come home at night in a decent mood.  It's a nice change from my last job, that's for sure.

Other than that, nothing much else has been going on.  The home is barely being kept up, but yesterday I focused on deep-cleaning our bathroom.  It looks all nice and sparkly now.  Went to Target and picked up a shower caddy and a new toilet brush.  Big purchases, right?

In my last post, I had mentioned the shower curtain I had recently bought.  Today I had Jarred kill two birds with one stone and photograph the curtain and... me.  Because I was loving on my outfit, though fashionista I am not.  


Jarred and I went to our church's Christmas bazaar today to have lunch.  I wanted to wear my new menswear button-up shirt and leopard scarf.  I cuffed my jeans over my Minnetonkas, looked at myself in the mirror and became concerned.  I asked Jarred if I looked too hipster.

He answered, "No, you don't look too Occupy Wall Street-y."

I love my husband.

Anyway, don't you love the shower curtain?  It's so nice and clean looking and so is the bathmat and counter tops.  Ignore the mismatched towels.  I wanted to put out 2 plain white towels but we apparently lost the second somewhere.  

I am on a major minimalist kick and am finding everything white with a dab of color to be very appealing.  And besides for that, if something in the bathroom gets dirty, whatever!  Bleach it!

Alright, now this next picture is a little bit weird for me to post because it's not meant to be a portrait but rather a close-up of my skin.  I unfortunately don't have a before shot of my face, as in 'before I began using my Clarisonic'.  But this is the after shot of using it for about a month and a half:


My skin is much smoother and makeup goes on much better.  I will always have a tiny bit of scarring on my cheeks from when I had acne.  But the tone and texture of my face is much better than it was before.  Clarisonic, you win.

I've been a bit more careful with my makeup application and nail polish.  Maybe it's because I'm working at a place where the uniform is less than feminine. 

Speaking of nail polish, I think I've found my one true love:

butter LONDON's All Hail the Queen.  My new favorite color. 

I'm going to remain pretty busy until the end of the semester of course, but I hope that I can keep up the blog by making one post a week.  Maybe? 

Though I'm probably the last person people would take beauty advice from, I'd like to do a post that goes through my makeup routine from start to finish.  With pictures included.  Which could be scary.  But then, it's just a thought.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend.  I'll be busy busy!



No comments:

Post a Comment