Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Room Reveal

...Or half of it anyway.

Jarred and I still have much unpacking to do, but we got our bedroom straightened out before anything else.  There are some shoes and other items that need to be put away in the room, but for the sake of the picture, I threw those out of the frame.  


Yes, it's sorta blurry.  I do realize this.

The embroidery hoops are back with a vengeance, but this time, they have their ultimate leader who goes by the name of ModGirls by Jennifer Paganelli In a Giant Hoop.  Cluster of picture frames, you've met your match.  

I do love it and would consider adding more hoops later on.  But for now, these will do.  I finally hot glued the excess fabric to the underside of each hoop.  No more rough edges like I had at the apartment.

So let's talk specifics.  I love color and am intrigued by photos of rooms that are stark white but have pops of bright colors everywhere.  Naturally, renting doesn't give me such an option as painting, but Jarred and I are quite pleased with the wall color of the townhouse.  It's the color of sand, which is neutral enough for us.  No more ivory-turned-yellow-because-of-nicotine-stained walls for us.  

To those wondering, no, Jarred doesn't seem to have a problem with my decorating.  He lets me do what I want and I allow him to stick his giant NASCAR Winston Cup framed picture in the corner of the spare bedroom.  

Ahem.

Anyway, I brought the bedroom furniture into the marriage.  I got the set around the time I turned 7 or 8.  So yeah.  The furniture is 15+ years old.  Still in great condition, but obviously meant for a little girl.  It may be another 5-10 years before we get a new bedroom set, but we don't mind.  Both of us think what we've got is plenty good for now. 

I feel like it's pretty easy to decorate the bedroom and living room, but harder to do anything with the kitchen and the spare bedroom.  The latter especially.  It's our catch-all room.  We've got mismatched furniture and Rubbermaid shelving units of clothes in there now.  I don't want to trash it, but it's harder to find a real style when there's nothing to really be done with the room.  Maybe we'll just keep the door closed, eh?

That's all I've got for now.  There hasn't been much unpacking yet today, but I'm sure I'll find my groove later this afternoon!


Canopy ivory quilt and lamp from Wal-Mart.  Mint green pillow cases made by my sister.  Flower pillow made by me, fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  Amy Butler quilt squares from Amazon.  Embroidery hoops and fabrics from various shops/boutiques/stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment