Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cell Phone Central

I really don't know which phone to choose. I was look at paying up to $150 for the phone, and the two I have in mind are in that range. I saw an ad for the Motorola Karma and almost instantly fell in love. It's so cute, but I'm not sure about all the applications on it. I love having the full QWERTY keyboard, so I don't want to go back to a regular phone. But Jarred and I are going to have to be limited in talking and texting, so I am not sure the phone is worth it, because I won't be using a lot of the applications.


But at the same time, most phones nowadays come with so much extra stuff on them that I would be having the same issue regardless.

The other phone I am looking at is the Blackberry Curve 8900. Again, a lot of the features I won't use because I don't want to pay $30 a month for a data plan. But I love utilizing the calendars and notepad and other organizational tools on my current smartphone. And I am wanting a phone that is going to last me a good while and looks grown-up.I have a week to decide, but I can't make up my mind so far! HELP!




5 comments:

  1. hmm idk about either of those. I have a Samsung Eternity. It's a touch screen. and it's awesome. and I love it. It's less than half the price of an iPhone. but I do have that $30 unlimited plan :\ there is something called a Boost phone.. and it's $50 for your minutes, unlimited internet and unlimited texting. I saw it featured on Rachel Ray for being the best most inexpensive phone. look into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a little wary of a touch screen because I hate Jarred's iPod Touch. I got it for him for Christmas, but I hate having to type on it. And I can't do the $30 data plan right now. I have a Samsung right now and it has caused me some problems, but I'm not ruling out the brand entirely.
    Jarred and I are going to be sharing the 450 minute plan for $40 a month, $20 when we split it.
    We went to the AT&T store and there were sooo many phones there. It's not the phones so much as it's AT&T. To be able to fully enjoy your phone, you need to have that data plan. And it doesn't matter where you have a regular flip phone or a smartphone. It's all the extras, like if you wanted to utilize the GPS or music, you have to pay extra.
    Phone plans stink in general.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say the second one. If you want to look grown up with your phone, and stuff you know. Plus, like you said, applications will come on any phone that you won't use. Anyways. That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Blackberry too. But I figured out last night that it's a bit out of price range. It'd end up costing me almost $200 to buy it. And I'd much rather buy a cheaper phone and figure out I hated it than a $200 one.

    I've heard bad things about the trackball on the Blackberry. Katherine had one and it stopped working. So now I'm nervous to get one.

    Argh. I think I'm going to have to go with the Motorola. Maybe by the next time I will be able to afford a nicer phone. It's okay. The Moto is still super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch. but yes, the moto is super cool!

    ReplyDelete