Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, August 15, 2009

It'll All Work Out

Busy, busy, full day. But maybe I'm starting to enjoy having a lot to do. Maaayyybbbeee free time is overrated.

Work has been hectic as always, but oddly enjoyable. Saturdays are always busy, but customers were really nice today. Besides for the woman who got angry that I couldn't take her credit card (sorry, debit) without an ID. I personally think debit cards might actually be worse to lose considering those are directly linked to your bank account. So sorry lady, wherever you are.

I'm hoping to get some more bookshelf painting done tonight. We've only got a bit longer until J and I move! So everything needs to get done!

And for dinner, I made some Ina Garten Basil Parsley Shrimp. It's sooo good. The recipe just might be put up later on. I'll surprise ya!

I've had an odd calm about me for a few days. It's either A) I'm sick and in a fog or B) I'm done with classes for a few weeks. I hope the calm lasts.

I was listening to my iPod last night before I went to bed and my favorite song ever began playing. Does anyone know what my favorite song is? It's interesting, let me tell you.

It'll All Work Out by Tom Petty. Ever heard it? Beautifully calming song.

Go to the bottom of the blog and click on my playlist. "It'll All Work Out" is the 2nd song on the playlist. Just listen to it.

She wore faded jeans and soft black leather
She had eyes so blue they looked like weather
When she needed me I wasn't around
That's the way it goes, it'll all work out

There were times apart, there were times together
I was pledged to her for worse or better
When it mattered most I let her down
That's the way it goes, it'll all work out

It'll all work out eventually
Better off with him than here with me

It'll all work out eventually
Maybe better with him than here with me

Now the wind is high and the rain is heavy
And the water's rising in the levee
Still I think of her when the sun goes down
It never goes away, but it all works out

There's nothing in this song that speaks to me but the words that are repeated over and over: "it'll all work out". Those have always been comforting words to me, both Mom and Dad know that very well. I have always had much faith in that simple phrase. So far in my short life, everything really has worked out. Maybe I didn't think so at the time, but things did eventually work out in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment