Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Monday, August 15, 2011

1st Anniversary

Remember in this post when I said I was making some coasters and would post a simple tutorial?

Yeah, I had all the pictures taken and planned on posting the instructions on Tuesday.

But I woke up this morning to this post on the blog, Under the Sycamore.  Apparently this published and very well-known blogger beat me to the punch.  My instructions would have been almost the exact same, down to the measurements.  The only difference is I put a piece of batting in between the two fabric layers.  What a bummer.  So, if you want to know what could have been, just go there I guess.

Anyway, if one could tell from my previous post, yesterday was my one year wedding anniversary.  While I think of our wedding with happy memories, I am unbelievably glad to be on this side of the aisle.  The wedding itself was not stressful (neither was planning) but it's good to be done with it and be able to focus attention on something else.  These women who have wedding planning withdrawals are nuts.


I let Jarred do all the planning for yesterday and he did a wonderful job surprising me.  We took a day trip to Nashville where we started our day at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens.  We snapped some great photos of the grounds and had fun taking leisurely strolls through the different gardens.  We had lunch at the cafe, which Jarred enjoyed.  A lot.  He got a blackened grouper sandwich and said it was the best sandwich he'd ever eaten.  I didn't want to ruin my appetite for dinner, so I had a simple Cobb salad with spicy ranch dressing.  SPY-SEE.  Spicy.  Very.  Good thing we were seated right next to the air vent, because my head was on fire.

After some time at Cheekwood, Jarred took me downtown to the Frist Art Museum to view the Andy Warhol exhibit on display.  Let's just say -- it was AH-mazing being that close to his screen print paintings of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, and Judy Garland.

And the last stop on our trip was dinner at Germantown Cafe.  Again, just amazing.  Squash fritters, Caesar salads, and plum pork with green beans and mashed potatoes.  No fanciness or frills.  Perfectly us.

When we finally got back home last night, we sliced our saved wedding cake and toasted to 1 happy year of marriage.  I guess since the first year is history, we're not considered newlyweds.  Mom says we've always acted like an old married couple anyway.

Cheers to 1 year down Sweets!






1 comment: