Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Stir Fry

This post was first featured on my now defunct blog, M&J Hooray!

Just 'cause I love blogging so much, here's another recipe. This one is for chicken and veggie stir fry. I adapted it from a recipe in the church's cookbook.

Chix and Veggie Stir Fry

1/2 tsp of ginger
dash of pepper
1/2 cup of chix broth
1/4 cup soy sauce (don't use light soy sauce, yuck!)
1 cup baby carrots, sliced
1/2 of a zucchini, cubed
2 small potatoes, cubed
1/2 of a green pepper, cubed
2 chicken breasts, cubed
Oil

In a bowl, mix together the ginger and pepper, then gradually stir in the broth. Once stirred, add the soy sauce and set to the side. In a large skillet, heat just enough oil to coat the veggies. Put all the vegetables in the skillet and stir fry on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until veggies are almost completely cooked. Take veggies out of skillet and set aside in a large bowl. Add a bit more oil to the skillet, then throw in the chicken that has been cubed. Fry until chicken has been cooked through. Add veggies back into skillet, then stir in the soy sauce mixture. Bring everything to a boil for around 1-2 minutes. Serve with brown rice.

This is an awesome recipe. I wolfed down my plate and I think Jarred liked it too. You could possibly add cornstarch to the soy sauce mixture to make the mixture a bit thicker. But I like the soy sauce to remain a bit more liquid so it will soak into the rice. Just use any veggies you have around the house or anything that is in season. I would have also added peas, but I didn't want to open up a bag from the freezer yet. It's an all-in-one meal and I love those. It's all you have to serve. You could substitute the chicken for any meat. It's great!



As I said in my last post, I am getting super excited for the holidays. I definitely want to go to the Hallmark store so Jarred and I can each pick out another ornament for our tree. We are starting the collecting young so by the time we are real old, we will have many ornaments and memories :)

Little side note: if anyone wants to have the most perfect paring knife, I would highly recommend the Quikut brand. These knives are actually under a dollar and are the sharpest and best paring knives I have used. I had to share my absolute joy at finding the most perfect paring knife!

Randomly, we are getting excited for Lucas to get here! I'm getting home a jacket (whether Jarred likes it or not) and taking him to the dog park in town. Yes sir, he will be styling and healthy!



2 comments:

  1. We totally get our ornaments from Hallmark too!!! A new one each year to symbolize what the year was!! Our first ornament was a toaster that popped up two pieces of toast with a burnt heart in the middle :) last year's was Micky and Minnie shopping at a jewelry store for a diamond ring, and Micky was sweating and holding her purse.. since we got engaged last year :) Thissss year we have a Westie ornament that has a little ball and says 2009 on it.. since, obviously we got Piper this year. So fun!! Well, the Westie ornament wasn't Hallmark, sadly, so we might go get another one.

    something ELSE I do is I have a Christmas scrapbook. Each year, I scrapbook ONE page with ONE photo of us in front of the Christmas tree.. then just decorate the page. In 20 years, it will be SO FUN to see how we changed each year!! And how our kids will have grown... *tear*.. it makes me emotional just thinking of it! It's exciting, because we already have a new edition to our book (Pi) so yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I think I remember seeing that ornament on your facebook, maybe? I loved that Mickey was sweating that Minnie had picked out a large diamond!
    With a Westie, it will be easy to find cute ornamnets! Thank goodness they are a popular breed!
    I got a Wall-E ornament and I bought Jarred two. I think he told me growing up he would always get the motorcycle ornaments. And his Dad would get the classic car. I got J both, to keep with the tradition and to have a little memory of his father on the tree!
    I've never gotten into scrapbooking, but man, my mom is crazy about it! I was an art major at PU. but I could never be creative enough to scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete