Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me Monday!

This post was first featured on my now defunct blog, M&J Hooray!




Such a love-hate relationship with Mondays, I have. They are the first day 'back to the grind' and I think everyone can attest that Mondays are pretty slow-going. But now we can look forward to Mondays just a little bit. MckMama has created the blog carnival "Not Me Monday" and now I am able to spill my guts without being too forthcoming!

Sunday got off to a bang! It wasn't me who got up to cook up some country sausage to put in biscuits. I did not sweat over a hot pan full of ground-up-somethin' with grease everywhere, just so Jarred and I could have a real breakfast. And by real, I do not mean unhealthy, full of fats and salt.

And it wasn't me who absolutely couldn't wait to get to work that afternoon!*

Today I did not talk to the guy who sits next to me in class and ask him about his fall break in Florida. When he told me he enjoyed eating at Chipotle's, I never even thought of laughing out loud and recounting a sketch from South Park introducing the As Seen On TV product ChipotlAway. He most certainly did not seem utterly offended by my remarks. Nope.

Short but sweet! There is not much I do that I am embarrassed by, but there are always a few times a week I get a little flush in my cheeks!

Tonight will be a good night for NO WORK and I will spend it relaxing. I am a little down right now from a phone call with a person I don't care for earlier today, and I'm going into the ophthalmologist tomorrow, but I am trying not to let myself worry. There are bigger things to be concerned with. Or maybe the saying should be, "Try not to have anything to be concerned over." Life is far too short.

Speaking of that, a prayer should be lifted up for Farhat, a girl in one of my management classes. Our teacher told us that she was killed in a car accident over break. I never spoke to her, but she always contributed to class conversation and she seemed very nice.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the Monday!


*This isn't even a part of my Not Me Monday. That's just sarcasm



1 comment: