Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Big Reveal

So who wants to know what all the hub-bub around here has been?

A show of hands?

Nobody?

Well, I'll tell you anyway. It may be a letdown to some of you all, but Jarred and I are so excited!



OKAY!


Jarred...... GOT A JOB! He is working in Credit and he starts on Monday! This means he is salaried and he is going to be making some gooooood money. We are so excited for him to start. We have already begun planning our summer vacation next year to FL because he gets off 2 weeks. We want to take a week to go to FL and just relax. But that's getting a little ahead of ourselves. But still.

Jarred now has an official job title. He is an adjuster for the Credit Department and I know he is going to love it there.

This is so exciting to us because this leads to other opportunities for us. And it is also nice to be able to be a bit more comfortable financially too. We're not struggling, but we're nowhere stable by any means.

But that all changes on Monday!

I know I've said it before, but I just can't help but remember this time last year. There weren't any prospects for him at all. He applied at places, but they took one look at his resume, saw "Degree in Criminal Justice" and said no. He was working part-time retail, getting up at 3 in the morning and working until lunch time and we were at a really low point in our relationship. After he left his retail job, it was a good few months (like almost 4?) until he got a job with the dealership. We are so thankful they took a chance on him and gave him other responsibilities besides for showing cars.

His interview went great and I think every single person in the family cried when we found out he had gotten the Credit job.

I truly believe that Jarred is the most deserving man alive and I love him very much. I am very proud of him and how he stuck through everything and kept on trucking, even when times were really bad. I know his dad would be so proud of him.

I am very thankful to have this blog to document our lives. We have come from living with my parents, Jarred working a retail job as a college graduate, while I am not in school at all, working a basic office job. Then we went to Jarred quitting the retail job, me working appliance retail and not having any money to our name. I have my parents to be thankful for because they told us we could like at home for as long as we needed. Then we were at a point where Jarred got a sales position at the dealership, me still working retail. We moved out of the house, into our own apartment, and have lost sleep many nights because of finances. We have been worried sick about how we were going to pay for things.

Now.

Now we are still getting used to living on our own (but still close to Mom and Dad) and I still have the retail job. But that's okay. Jarred quit his dealership job today and told them he had been hired to work for the Credit department.

I think we have come a long way in a year and a half. Jarred and I have been back home for a year now, and it is hard for me to think of how sad we were. We never thought we were going to be getting anywhere in our lives together any time soon.

But now.

Everything is coming together now. We are beyond blessed. God has really provided for us in the tough times. He never threw us anything that He didn't think we could handle. Everything we went through (heartaches over jobs and life) has made us all the more thankful for where we are now.

I know that this wasn't the news some of you all were looking for, but we are so excited for the doors this job will open for the both of us. Thanks for being faithful readers and always offering words of encouragement to us. I hope you will continue watching us as our lives change even more very soon!


4 comments:

  1. oh neat! how exciting! I'm glad some people LOVE to work in the credit department.

    ps. what IS a credit department?!?! i have NO CLUE. is that like, its own company? or does he work FOR a company? i am lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH, okay! that makes a lot more sense!!!!!!! Is that like his major dream job!? Or is that like his current dream job, but it will help him get his LIFE dream job? I've never known ANYONE who had a job like that! So neat! On that odd note, I do believe your daddyo worked with my mom. And I don't know if he still worked there, but in high school, he did. And my mom worked there too! And so she knows your dad. I won't say where since you don't want people finding out info..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay congratulations to your little family :) :) :) I know Jarred is so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Shannon! You are correct! That is where he's working! And he's really excited about it! Jarred says it is a dream job because it is a salary and real and full-time with a good company.
    And Ashley, I know Jarred has talked to you and he is very excited to be working! I know the man who will be training Jarred and he told Dad that "This Jarred fellow must be full of pis sand vinegar to get started!" Haha!

    ReplyDelete