Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Selection Saturday

(via Instagram)

While the rest of the country is worried about Selection Sunday tomorrow, Jarred and I got to spend today doing much more important selections:  On our home.

This has been the longest and the shortest week ever.  Longest because I can't believe only a week ago we were having our first meeting with our builder.  It's been a short week because I worked everyday (which is unusual) and had a lot to do.  

Regardless, Jarred and I were so looking forward to today.  We had been told that selections take between 4-5 hours, but we only took about 2.5.  Jarred and I have poured over our options all week and went to the meeting today knowing with 90% certainty what we wanted.

Nothing is set in stone until we sign the papers in blood, but we're so excited to begin the process and to eventually show off our home!  As of now we're looking at sometime in June or July and these next 4 months can't go fast enough.

After our meeting, Jarred and I drove over to our little plot of land and walked around it.  I'm proud of us and our home coordinator.  She fought hard for us over that piece of land.  We're so happy to have it and look at our tree line!  With a wide open field behind that won't ever become houses, Jarred and I are truly the most blessed people.

It's hard to imagine that this piece of land will have a house sitting on top of it by the middle of the year.  This is a dream that Jarred and I thought we wouldn't be able to achieve for many many years.  How amazing it is when things fall into place, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment