Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Absence

Oh my word.  It's already March y'all!

I haven't completely forgotten about blogging but it's been hard to find anything remotely interesting to say because life is a blur right now.

Jarred and I have been doing some Spring Cleaning off and on this past week, but even so, our place seems to looked as trashed as it did before.  We've got quite a few bags to take to Goodwill soon.  I hate cleaning but ask me if I enjoy purging our home of things -- the answer is heck yeah.

I've also been working some good hours that keep me busy and make good money!  I've been picking up extra shifts where I can because we're going to need all the money we can get!

'Cause we're buying a house and all.

What was that?

Yeah!  We're buying a house!

Jarred and I are in the pre-approval stage right now but will begin the loan application soon.  We got the call this past Wednesday that we were in the clear to begin house hunting. 

Celebrations were to be had that night at Moe's.
 
(Instagram pic off my phone)


We began the search Friday.  We already had an area of town in mind and made an appointment with the builders.  We were there for about 3 hours.  I personally left super confused about what I wanted in a home.  I thought I knew before yesterday but then once I viewed some of the models, I felt totally different.  Jarred and I talked extensively about our options and decided to make another appointment with the builder for today.

We went in today with clear heads and asked to see another model we liked, as well as a model we had seen Friday.  Tonight confirmed which house we wanted.

I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to feel like when you find 'the home'.  Maybe it's like the feeling women are supposed to get when they find 'the dress' for their wedding day.  I never had that, so I can't compare.  I only had 'the feeling' when Jarred and I went to pick out my engagement ring.  I saw it.  I cried.  I knew.  With my wedding dress, I liked the dress.  I thought it was beautiful.  So I wanted that one as my wedding gown.  Happily ever after.

I thought I would get that fuzzy feeling when I saw one of the model homes.  I thought there would be an overwhelming feeling of love for a particular space.  But I didn't get that.

As Jarred and I talked last night about the different homes we had toured, we kept coming back to the same one, saying the same thing:  "It felt like home."

Then we toured again today to make sure.

Yeah, it definitely felt like home.  Jarred and I both honestly want to move in now.  But alas, the home doesn't actually exist yet.

Anyway, we're still in the beginning stages of our loan and home selection, but as of right now, it's moving along at a nice pace already.  We'll be choosing our features on the house next week and we are so excited!

I know I won't be updating as frequently anymore because we'll be so busy, but I hope to check in at least once a week.  This is going to be a great (but stressful) few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment