Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Things Change



Change of hearts are such a double-edged sword.  But in most cases, I feel that it's simply God laying something heavy on my mind -- telling me I need to do something different. 

He did that in March when I went back to the art program at school.

He's done it again.

I enjoyed the 2 art classes I took and I was really looking forward to next semester.  But I'm so burnt out.  And honestly, I don't truly appreciate school right now.  So I'm more than likely taking a semester off.

There's nothing overly dramatic about my exit.  It's simply that I need to do some growing up.  I haven't appreciated school.  I can't keep a clean home.  Seriously.  The townhouse is so dirty.  I'm super lazy in nearly all aspects of my life.  I kinda suck.

At least I'm responsible at work.  And I really enjoy every single day at the shop.

But I need to learn responsibility in all areas.

I'd like to prove to myself that I am responsible before I go back to school.  I'd like to take some time to work at my job, work at my drawing, and work at keeping my pigsty clean for once.

Aside from that, I still don't know what I want to do.  It's not that I want to be working retail for the rest of my life.  I'd love to have a job someday that allows me to use my creativity, regardless of whether I have a college degree or not.  But seeing that I'm almost 24, I think I need to figure out what I want to do sometime.  I'm young, but I'm certainly not getting any younger.

I feel pretty confident in my decision.  Jarred told me to do whatever I needed.  I'm glad to have his support.

Whatever happens happens and I know God is faithful.

2 comments:

  1. God has a mysterious way of leading us right where we need to go if we just let Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you- do whatever makes you happy! :) We support you!

    ReplyDelete