Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday DIY Project

This post was first featured on my now defunct blog, M&J Hooray!

I saw this awesome, yet easy tutorial for a canvas bag featured on How About Orange and knew I had to try it. Jessica, the woman who is behind HAO linked to Ashley Ann Photography's page for the DIY bag.

Okay, so what's this awesome bag? It's a doily monogrammed canvas bag. It's great! I had a lot of fun making it, it only took an hour and voila! A cute tote for whatever my heart desires.

I didn't think to take photographs of the process, but you can see that in the tutorial. I'll just show you my finished product!

My supplies:
1 canvas tote -- I chose one with pockets on the outside
1 tube of black sparkly fabric or craft paint
1 sponge brush
1 paint brush
1 doily
1 can of adhesive spray

And that's it! I sprayed the adhesive onto the back of the doily and positioned it onto the bag. I blotted paint over the holes of the doily to create the pattern. I lifted up the doily before it had completely dried. I waited for the paint to dry and then painted the monogram in the middle.

Here's a close up of the paint:

It's also a great project for those of us who are a bit messy. You don't have to be perfect with your painting because that's what makes it unique!

This is was a nice Friday afternoon project and I encourage all my bloggy readers to make a cool bag like this too!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment