Home About Contact Art Photobucket

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Something

 This post was first featured on my now defunct blog, M&J Hooray!


For my birthday, I got...



Something fuzzy




Something smelly





Something pretty




And something sparkly



I wanted to announce first on Blogger that as of December 23rd, 2009, Jarred and I are officially engaged!
We went to a little restaurant downtown with my parents, sister, and her boyfriend. After we ate, Mom wanted to take pictures of us under the Christmas lights. Katherine and Zach took pictures first, then Mom and Dad. Jarred and I took a few pictures under the archway.



I began to walk away and Jarred called for my mother to take one more photo. He reached his hand into his pocket, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him. :)



I didn't answer him right away because I was in absolute shock and I was crying so hard, like hyperventilating. I believe my father called out "What's the answer?" and I finally was able to gather myself enough to say yes.


We both cried and Mom took runny, red-nosed photos.

*************************************************************************************

Jarred and I went to look at engagement rings on Halloween. We went to a few different stores, but then saw mine as we walked back through Zales. I thought the ring was so beautiful and after we left the store, I cried a little bit to Jarred because I knew that was the one.

He went out with my Dad the following Monday and purchased the ring.

Jarred told me he was planning on waiting until our 3 year anniversary (in March 2010) to propose. But when he went downtown for a cigar show last week and saw all the beautiful lights, he knew he wanted to propose then.

We are so happy and of course haven't begun to plan anything yet. But we threw out ideas last night that we want to get married in the next year. I don't want a very long engagement (I mean like a year or longer). My parents were engaged for around 9 months and I'd love to get married in late summer, early fall.

*************************************************************************************

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! Remember that Jesus is the real reason for the season!


4 comments:

  1. I KNEW IT!! omg, I so knew it. But then I went to look on facebook, and it just said In A Relationship. So I thought: drat, I was wrong! BUT NO! I WAS RIGHT! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY DEARIE YAY! I'm so thrilled. How exciting! :D :D :D I can't wait to read your blogs about wedding planning! :) It will take over your life, but it'll be great! and on another note, you got THE COOLEST bday presents! holy smokes!!!!! I'm so jealous. But in a good way :) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jarred's family all lives on the East Coast and of course are an hour ahead. By that time, his mom was already asleep. We wanted her to know before we posted anything online. So after Jarred called her during lunch, I went online and changed everything!

    I love this time of year. When I was little, I loved getting presents on the 23rd, playing with them on the 24th, and getting more on the 25th!

    And happy belated birthday to your husband! I knew it was a good day to be born, right?

    Mom and Dad got me the boots. Mom asked at the mall which were better, Koolaburra or Uggs, and the salespeople all told her Uggs were machine made, not handmade like Koolaburra. I believe that has some truth to it because I have some tall Uggs that are basically worn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday! Congratulations!!!!

    Brother is SO good about keeping the exact date a secret but I knew is was doing to do it soon! :)
    So happy you guys found each other!! And beautiful ring!!

    Yay-- I get a sister-in-law!!! That sounds very grown up. :)

    oxox Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley! I didn't have a clue! We went to browse rings on Halloween and I found the one I really liked. That next Monday my night class got canceled and I called him around 6:30 because he was almost an hour late getting home. He said his boss had called a meeting. I called bull, but only in my head.
    I'm also glad to get a sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete